Track C : Energy Manager's Summit
Chair: Fredric Goldner, C.E.M., C.E.A., President, Energy Management & Research Associates
Graham Parker, C.E.M., Emeritus Senior Staff Engineer, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory
This session will feature a series of short presentations (approximately 5 minutes) of horror stories from the field. As insane as some of these may be, there is generally a lesson to be learned in each, and certainly a laugh to be had. These stories from clients and projects will make you think “I don’t believe this!” These will be the craziest, funniest, and most outrageous situations in the energy field.
See Video Preview
• James P. Waltz, P.E., C.E.M., F.A.C.F.E., Principal, Energy Resource Associates, Inc.
• John G. Henderson, CEM, BEP, CEO, P & P Consulting LLC & Daniel Marmer, P.E., Energy Engineer, CLEAResult
• Brennan Karalus, P.E., C.E.M., LEED AP BD+C, Engineer, CLEAResult
• Carl E. Salas, P.E., Principal & Founder, Salas O'Brien Engineers Inc.
• James Park, CIEA, CIT, BPI, Energy Conservation Specialist, I-Star Energy Solutions
• Paul F. Hutchins, Ph.D., P.E., C.E.M., Vice President, Aerospace & Defense, RS&H
• Asit Patel , C.E.M., C.E.A., E.B.C.P., President, ANP Energy Consulting Services Corporation
• Marcus DeLa Rosa, C.E.M., Senior Research Engineer, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory
• Doug Davis, Director of Channel Sales in North America, Broad USA Inc.
• Lonnie Russell, C.E.M., Energy Consultant, EnergyMan, LLC
• Samer Zawaydeh, Independent Engineer, SZEO
• Graham Parker, C.E.M., Emeritus Senior Staff Engineer, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory
Track M : Big Data and IoT
Chair: Bill Sommer, MS, C.E.M., R.E.P., Energy Engineer, Sain Engineering Associates, Inc.
This roundtable brings together IT industry leaders and energy management practitioners to discuss cybersecurity and risk management and its implications to the energy management community. The discussion begins with understanding the risks created by the ever-increasing use of the Internet of Things (IoT) and then explores practical steps to mitigate the risks while enabling the power and potential of the IoT to improve building and process efficiency.
• Dave Aucsmith, Chief Scientist, Root9B
• Jim Simon, Adjunct Faculty, University of Alabama
• Jay Kurowsky, President and CEO, Aleta Technologies
• David Gagliano, VP, CTO GDIT Global Solutions Division, General Dynamics Information Technology